Office of Sustainability hosting Cycle September
Cycle September is a fun and friendly biking challenge, and the Office of Sustainability invites the Auburn Family to take part. The aim is simple - to get more people to enjoy the benefits of riding bikes. You can ride anywhere, anytime in September to participate.
Last year, more than 41,000 riders from over 7,500 organizations participated, including over 5,500 people new to riding. Participants hopped on their bikes, logged their rides, encouraged friends and family to join and won amazing prizes. This year is set to be bigger and better, and Auburn University has signed up to participate.
So how does it work?
• Join your college or workplace within Auburn Universit, so your points contribute to the leaderboard and help Auburn earn bragging rights.
• Start logging your bike rides to earn riding points. A 10-minute ride will earn you points.
• Encourage friends and family (not just co-workers) to win big! You'll score even more points if they register and add you as their encourager.
• More points mean more chances to climb the leaderboards and win prizes from Love to Ride and the Auburn University Cycling Advisory Committee. You can register and earn points anytime during September, but register before September 1 to be entered to win an e-bike.
• Check out the Office of Sustainability website for fun Cycle September events on campus, where you can meet others who are participating, learn more about biking at Auburn, and earn bonus entries for local prize drawings!
There are so many benefits to riding a bike, from improved mental and physical well-being to a healthier planet to more affordable and efficient travel. Cycle September is about celebrating and sharing these benefits with the world.
So, push those pedals, spread the bike love, and join the movement to get more people riding bikes this September!
Submitted by: Amy Strickland