Employees can go paperless for tax documents
The deadline to go paperless for tax documents is Jan. 6.
Employees who have not consented to receiving their 2022 tax documents electronically must consent by Jan. 6 to ensure that they meet the deadline.
This simple process allows employees to “go paperless” and to access their online Form W-2 (wage and tax statement) through AU Access, and then submit it with their tax return. Visit auburn.edu/administration/human_resources/payroll/ssb_w-2.php for more information.
Employees who have already consented to receiving their documents electronically, do not have to consent again for Tax Year 2022.
Benefits of accessing Form W-2 electronically
• Earlier access to Form W-2, which is in an IRS-approved, PDF format.
• No possibility for a lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced Form W-2 in the mail.
• Form W-2 can be accessed at home, at the accountant’s office or anywhere else.
• Access is secure. The forms can only be accessed with your AU credentials.
• Going paperless promotes sustainability by reducing paper and is a cost savings (forms, printing, and postage expense) for Auburn University.
• Multiple copies can be printed at once.
• Prior years’ forms are also available.
Form W-2 paper copies
Employees who want to receive a paper copy can continue to receive a copy in the mail. They will still be able to access their Form W-2 electronically, via AU Access. However, they must review and/or update their mailing address in Self-Service Banner by Jan. 6 to ensure it is sent to the correct mailing address.
Auburn University Human Resources will mail this form to each employee’s mailing addresses as recorded in Banner.
For More Information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by: Patrick Johsnton