Employee Appreciation Week featured numerous events across campus
From tacos to tumblers, Auburn University’s Employee Appreciation Week included a little bit of everything.
Last week, numerous colleges and divisions recognized their employees with many special events. Several departments hosted breakfast or luncheon events for their employees, while other departments offered popcorn, ice cream, Kona ice and other treats.
The celebrations weren’t limited to the main campus, as county Extension offices and other groups throughout the state recognized their employees too.
The Employee Relations unit of Auburn University Human Resources, or AUHR, also organized campus-wide events for employees:
• On April 26, several dozen employees participated in lunchtime walks across campus. The Auburn University Employee Pharmacy and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama helped sponsor the walks.
• On April 27, the Employees of the Year for 2021-22 were recognized. These four employees, who were chosen among Spirit of Excellence recipients, each received a $3,000 check from the Auburn University Foundation:o Clint Lovelace, College of Engineeringo Tyler Lynn, Property Management, Student Affairso Kelly Steele, Payroll, AUHRo Andrew Thornton, Forestry and Wildlife Sciences
• Four additional employees were also recognized on April 27 for their 40 years of service to Auburn:o Jennifer Jarvis, Recreation & Wellness Centero Christine E. Black, Libraryo Kay M. Holloway, Agriculture & AAES Admino Nancy L. Heard, Horticulture
• On April 28, Auburn native Patrick Henry offered a humorous and inspirational presentation on “Keeping the Auburn Team in Tune: A Celebration of Auburn University Employees.” His presentation is available here.
• On April 29, several hundred employees visited the Haley Center Concourse to receive a free tumbler and/or Years of Service awards. Several campus groups including Healthy Tigers, the A&P Welfare Committee, the School of Kinesiology and Risk Management and Safety were also on hand to share special information with employees.
AUHR shared dozens of photos from last week’s events on its social media pages. If you want to share photos from your events, send them to email@example.com or post them on social media using #auappreciate or #itsgreattobeanauburnemployee.
Submitted by: Patrick Johnston