Registration open for Veterans Voices conference
Supervisors and HR liaisons are invited to attend the free conference, “Veteran Voices: Recruiting and Supporting Veteran Employees.” It will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 9, from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., at the Harold D. Melton Student Center ballroom.
Attendees will learn more about the complexities of military careers and transitioning to the civilian workforce. Guest speakers from all military branches will discuss these experiences and share practical ways to help employers recruit and retain veteran employees.
The conference will focus on the following areas:
• Military 101
• Transitioning Out of the Military
• Veteran Life After the Military
• Supporting Your Veteran Employees
At least 11 guest speakers from the university and across the region will participate. They include:
• Lt. Gen. Ron Burgess, Chief Operating Officer, Auburn University
• Paul “Puck” Esposito, Veterans Resource Center Director, Auburn University
• Donal Cieutat, Alabama State Jobs for Veterans State Coordinator, Alabama Department of Labor
• Lt. Col. Michelle Alexander, Alabama National Guard
• Kent Davis, Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.), Commissioner, Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs
• Charles Livings, Chattahoochee Valley Regional Director, Still Serving Veterans
The conference is being hosted by Auburn University Human Resources and the Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services. Lunch will be served to conference attendees.
To register or to learn more about the event, click here. Masks will be required and social distancing protocols will be followed.
Submitted by: Patrick Johnston