Holiday theft prevention tips
Campus Safety and Security would like to wish the campus community a safe holiday season. Crimes such as burglary and thefts typically increase during the holiday season. Keep the below safety tips in mind before heading home for break.
• Lock doors and windows before you leave.
• Keep your vehicle secured. Take valuables with you or secure them out of sight.
• Consider taking your most valuable items with you when you leave.
• If students have a bicycle, they should store it inside or take it with them.
• If students plan on leaving their vehicle, they should have someone move it every few days to make it appear that someone is home.
• Coordinate plans with roommates to make sure residence is secured throughout the break.
Auburn Police and Campus Safety and Security will have staff working throughout the holiday break. Campus Safety and Security’s building, located on 543 West Magnolia Avenue, is open 24/7. Students should not hesitate to contact either agency.
• Emergency and crimes in progress 911
• Non-emergency police and fire 334-501-3100
• Campus Safety and Security 334-844-8888
Submitted by: Brooke Bailey