Emergency COVID-19 administrative leave extended through spring semester
Auburn University is extending Emergency COVID-19 administrative leave, or ECAL, through the end of the spring 2022 semester for eligible employees.
ECAL time limits
• An eligible employee can receive up to two weeks (80 hours) of ECAL. (The amount will be prorated for a part-time or student employee.)
• An eligible employee’s currently available ECAL is contingent on how many hours they have used from Jan. 1, 2021, to now. ECAL used from Jan. 1, 2021, to now, will be deducted from the two weeks (80 hours).
If the eligible employee is unable to perform their work remotely and has ECAL available, it can be used for the following reasons:
• The employee is required by the university to quarantine.
• The employee is impacted by a school or daycare required quarantine due to the pandemic. (ECAL will not be applicable if childcare or on-site learning is available but the employee chooses not to participate.)
Note that additional documentation may be required:
• Use the COVID-19 Leave Request Form to complete the request, which must be approved by the supervisor.
• Additional Family and Medical Leave Act, or FMLA, documentation may also be required.
The university reserves the right to terminate ECAL at any time. Additional information about leave and the COVID-19 Leave Form is available online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding COVID-19 leave.
Submitted by: Patrick Johnston