Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning hosting teaching orientation for new faculty and GTAs
The Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning will host Teaching @ Auburn, a teaching orientation for new faculty and GTAs, on Thursday, Jan. 6, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Mell Classroom Building at RBD.
All new faculty hired within the last year and graduate students are welcome to attend. Returning faculty and graduate students who feel like this event would be beneficial to their teaching or professional goals are also welcome.
In this engaging introduction to teaching well at Auburn, participants will:
- Learn about important Auburn teaching policies
- Get familiar with the expectations of your role at Auburn as a new faculty member or a new graduate student
- Break out for small group activities relevant to your role: new faculty, STEM GTAs, or humanities, social sciences or arts GTAs
- Identify key resources to support your teaching and professional development
- Ask and receive answers to your questions
For more information and to register for the event, visit the Biggio Center website.
Submitted by: T. Killian Perry