Virtual Benefits Fair webinars now available on demand; open enrollment ends soon
The following Virtual Benefits Fair webinars from last week are now available at auburn.edu/hr/benefits/oe-2022/benefits-fair-webinars.html:
• “Public Service Loan Forgiveness” (Student Loans) – Johnson Sterling
• “How the Auburn University Retirement Plans Work” – Johnson Sterling
• “PEEHIP Insurance for AU Retirees” – Retirement Systems of Alabama
• “TRS and the RSA-1 Deferred Compensation Plan” – Retirement Systems of Alabama
• “Which FSA Account is Right for Me?” – Health Equity (Wage Works) – Registration required
• “Auburn University’s Employee Assistance Program” – eprise (formerly American Behavioral)
• “Sustainability at Auburn and You” – Office of Sustainability
• “Learn More about the Administrative and Professional Assembly” – A&P Assembly
Open enrollment ends soon
Open enrollment for 2022 benefits ends in less than two weeks. The online benefits enrollment portal is available 24/7 for Auburn University employees and their dependents to make their final benefits selections by Tuesday, Nov. 30, at 4:45 p.m. IRS regulations do not allow for plan enrollment or changes beyond this deadline unless there is a qualifying event during the year. No open enrollment changes will be allowed after the deadline.
If no changes are made, the employee's 2021 benefit selections, except for the Flexible Spending Account, or FSA, will roll over to 2022. However, the employee must re-enroll for the FSA or their FSA contributions, which include the medical and/or dependent care (child/elder care) accounts, will end as of Dec. 31, 2021. The employee must sign/submit before exiting the online enrollment website to confirm their 2022 FSA enrollment. Otherwise, their 2022 FSA enrollment is not saved.
• Additional information about open enrollment is available at aub.ie/oe2022.
• The Virtual Benefits Fair continues throughout the month of November. Check it out at https://aub.ie/benefitsfair.
• Employees who need help with online enrollment should contact a benefits enroller. Appointments may be scheduled online at aub.ie/enrollers. (Enrollers will not be available on Nov. 25 and Nov. 26 because of the Thanksgiving holiday.)
• For all other questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Teresa Coker, Benefits Manager, at 334-844-1789, Gary Gray, Assistant Benefits Manager, at 334-844-4122 or Debra Walters, Benefits Coordinator, at 334-844-1779.
Submitted by: Patrick Johnston