Graduate School and Graduate Student Council hosting 3MT academic competition
The Auburn University Graduate School and Graduate Student Council invite graduate students to participate in the 2021 Three Minute Thesis, or 3MT®, competition.
The 3MT is an academic competition that challenges graduate students to describe their research within three minutes to a general audience. 3MT celebrates the discoveries made by research students and encourages them to communicate the importance of the research to the broader community. Some of the benefits include:
• Practicing presentation skills
• Entering for a chance to win $500 or more in prizes
• The top 10 presenters will compete in the 3MT final competition, held at 3 p.m. on Nov. 11, 2021.
• The winning student will go on to compete in the 2022 Conference of Southern Graduate Schools Southeast Region 3MT Competition.
The competitoin will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 19 and Thursday, Oct. 21 (if needed). It will be in the Student Center Room 2222/3.
Participants must register here to compete by 5 p.m. on Oct. 8.
Visit the Graduate School’s 3MT webpage for details.
• The Miller Writing Center is conducting a WOW Workshop to help prepare 3MT visual aid: WoW Workshop: Writing Beyond Words: Visual Communication- Sept. 27, 2021, 1–2 p.m.
• The AU Library is conducting a workshop to help in designing your 3MT visual aid Poster/Visual Design and Presentations- Oct. 11, 3–4 p.m.
To learn more about the competition history, rules and to gain valuable preparation tips, visit the University of Queensland’s 3MT website.
Submitted by: Elizabeth Anderson