Arboretum Photo Contest now taking submissions
Submissions are now being accepted for the Arboretum Photo Contest. Winners of each category will be featured in the 2022 Arboretum Calendar. All submissions are eligible to be featured in the 2022 calendar.
•The contest submissions are open to photographers of all skill levels from Aug. 30 - Sept. 26.
1. Plants - Native plants: - Portraits of trees; big or small, young or old; Flowers, foliage, fruit, other parts of plants native to Alabama and the Southeastern United States. This category will include fungi, lichens, landscapes,
2. AU - Iconic Auburn University: - Show us your take on what makes Auburn University “iconic”- buildings, landscapes, people, comradery, whatever you choose to tell your AU story
3. Sustainability - What sustainability means to you: - Share moments you experienced with friends or family, show us sustainable practices, this is your interpretation of what sustainability means to you (requires permission of the people in the photo).
4. Wildlife – Native wildlife: – Any subject from the animal kingdom native to Alabama and the Southeastern United States
5. Selfie - Selfie of you in the Arboretum: - Pictures of you enjoying the Davis Arboretum. Pictures must be taken inside the Davis Arboretum for consideration.
• All submissions are eligible to be chosen for the Arboretum’s 2022 Calendar. Winners will be featured on a "Winners page" inside the calendar. Images may also be used by the Arboretum in future marketing, advertising and promotions.
• Winners will be determined by the number of likes each photo receives on the Arboretum’s Facebook page. Voting will take place Sept. 27 – Oct. 10. Winners will be announced Oct. 13.
• First place winners can choose between: an Auburn Series Azalea or a $25 gift card to the Potting Shed in Auburn.
• Winners will be notified via email with instructions on how to claim prizes. Winning photos will be posted on the Arboretum Facebook, and Instagram pages.
Submissions are open from Aug. 30 to Sept. 26, 2021.
Photographers may submit up to 3 digital jpeg photos per category via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject must read: *Photographer Last Name* Photo Contest
Each entry should be titled using the following format: Category.title.photographer.jpeg
For example: Plants. Tree selfie. Aubie Tiger.jpeg
Submissions not following this format will not be accepted.
Submitted by: Morgan Pendergrass