Free registration for all faculty, staff and students to University-Industry Partnership Conference
The University-Industry Demonstration Partnership is an organization focused on facilitating research interactions between university faculty and representatives from industry. Due to COVID-19, their annual conference, scheduled for April 12-16, has gone virtual. The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development is providing an institutional registration for the conference so that anyone with an auburn.edu email can attend virtually for no additional charge.
A few highlights from the agenda:
- April 12, 10 a.m: Sethuraman Panchanathan, director of NSF, sharing his priority for the future direction of the agency
- April 12, 1:05 p.m.: Leaders from MITRE sharing their recent findings, “Opportunities to Reduce Improper Foreign Government Influence in Fundamental Research”
- Working sessions on how to partner with Pfizer (April 12, 2:10 p.m.), GSK (April 13, 9 a.m.) and Johnson & Johnson (April 16, 1 p.m.)
- April 13, 11:15 a.m. keynote: Using Technology for Health, Wellbeing and Empathy-Microsoft and the University of Central Florida presenting about creating technology to change behavior to improve health
- April 14, 7 a.m.: University-Industry Partnerships in "Addressing Diversity and Inclusion Efforts"
- April 15, 2:15 p.m.: Engineering Research Visioning Alliance to discuss the NSF Engineering Directorate’s solicitation to identify and develop new engineering research directions and catalyze the pursuit of innovative, high-impact research.
- April 16, 10 a.m.: University-Industry Partnerships to Advance Social Science Research
If you would like to attend, contact Mary Shirley-Howell at email@example.com for the registration link and access code.
Submitted by: Leslie Parsons