AU Libraries offers Savvy Researcher Boot Camp for graduate students
Auburn University Libraries will be offering its spring edition of the Savvy Researcher Boot Camp on Feb. 6, from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. The day-long event is designed for graduate students who want to take their research skills to a higher level. Whether students are interested in learning how to find scholarly sources, write a literature review, manage citations or design a poster presentation, the Savvy Researcher workshops will help them become better and more effective researchers.
The Savvy Researcher Boot Camp will take place online via Zoom. Students may pick and choose the sessions that interest them.
Registration for the boot camp is open, and spaces are limited. Click here for more information and to register for the event.
Workshops offered include:
• Writing Literature Reviews (offered by staff from University Writing)
• Finding Sources for Your Literature Review
• Intro to Systematic Reviews
• NEW: Research Consultation with the Engineering Librarian
• Citation Managers (Zotero, EndNote and Mendeley)
• NEW: Intermediate Excel: Pivot Tables
• NEW: Intro to R
• NEW: Data Analysis with Python
• LaTeX: Bibliographies and Images
• Effective Poster Design
• Publishing Your Work
• NEW: Reveal Digital (primary source databases)
A special lunch hour presentation will feature Auburn’s 2020 Three Minute Thesis winners.
Submitted by: Jayson Hill